Shawn
0


England's talismanic all-rounder Andrew Flintoff on Thursday announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
Andrew Flintoff

The 32-year-old all-rounder was plagued by injuries in his career and finally called time on his career after being advised by doctors."Having been told my body would no longer stand up to the rigours of cricket, I had no alternative," said Flintoff in a statement.

Flintoff played a key role in England's Ashes wins at home in 2005 and 2009 but was bogged down by knee injuries in the last few years.He added: "I was told the problems I have been trying to overcome in rehab for the last year, following the latest of a series of operations, would not recover sufficiently to allow a comeback.

"I would like to thank my family, Lancashire Cricket Club, England, all my sponsors, friends and advisers for all the help and support they have given me throughout my career.


Flintoff retired from Test cricket at the end of the 2009 Ashes series. He wanted to continue playing One-Day Internationals and Twenty20 for England.

Book Online Air Ticket with Cheap Ticket

Posted in Labels: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.